We are Escuela Verde, a public project-based charter school located on the South side of Milwaukee (126 E. Mineral Street). We fall under the TransCenter for Youth umbrella. Escuela Verde cultivates a community that is just, sustainable, participatory and peaceful. We live our vision through:
• Graduating reflective high school students prepared to live happy, healthy, meaningful lives;
• Collaborating with the community to create a strong sense of place and skills to flourish without harm;
• Providing staff who model our vision and embrace education as liberation;
• Engaging urban youth by adhering to an ecopedagogical praxis;
• Offering immersion opportunities for those interested in transformative education.
Our staff consists of a teacher collective and together with students we make democratic decisions for our school. Students learn about environmental sustainability, social justice, and restorative practices by creating and carrying out a variety of projects. We focus on creating individuals who are passionate about their community and use the city of Milwaukee as our classroom when possible. For more information please visit our website: escuelaverde.org